Under minimal direction, manages Municipal Engineering Department staff in the preparation of plans of specifications for public infrastructure projects in accordance with local, county, state and federal regulations.
location: Flanders, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Experience in QA/QC of similar projects. Experience with public bidding procedures and Local Public Contracts Law (N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 5:34). Experience in review of development applications and presenting testimony on behalf of Land Use Boards. Experience in Municipal Zoning Code, Residential Site Improvement Standards (RSIS), Municipal Land Use Law (MLUL), and NJDEP Permitting requirements. Must have the ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods. Must have experience interfacing directly with clients and public on projects. Responsible for the leadership and management of a project team in support of the project's profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the project technical budget (labor, expenses and sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications, and successful delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client's satisfaction on every project.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to successful completion and to the client's satisfaction.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation and assists in the organization and preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Keeps informed of developments and requirements affecting the organization and projects.
- Develops standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining licensure and keeping up with industry standards and software.
skills: Requirements (education, licensing, certifications, etc.):
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate area of study.
- 15+ Years of related experience.
GIS Tech Stack for GeoMaps.
- ESRI and ArcGIS Software & Apps
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Pro
- ArcGIS Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.