job summary: Project Overview:
As a Technical Writer you will partner with the Standards and Specifications teams, and the broader organization, to generate and update Standards, Specifications, and Process documentation driven by cross functional development efforts and change control processes within the business. This will involve the creation and maintenance of technical and non-technical documentation and websites (through Google Sites). These resources will directly support the ongoing operations of our Network Deployment and Operations teams. Overall Responsibilities:
- You will ensure the accuracy and timely updating of internal documentation, working with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that all content meets the highest standards.
- You use applied reasoning and strong analytical skills to be an advocate for creating improvements in messaging and documentation.
- You're sensitive to the needs of both vendors and of the users of internal documentation and can predict how they may use your writing.
- When carrying out the responsibilities of the role, you will collaborate with many cross functional teams, listening to and drawing from their experiences, challenges and successes.
- You will support a positive and open culture across the wider team and will be comfortable with a fast-paced and dynamic national working environment, being comfortable both giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- You will set a high bar for quality and accuracy of your documentation and you will hold your communications and actions to the same standard.
- Generate reporting on standards-driven quality metrics.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Authoring and updating Architecture, Civil and Network Engineering, and Construction standards.
- Authoring and updating Business Processes and Workflow Diagrams Support of web portals and document control systems
- Driving cross functional engagement with SMEs for review and approval of documentation
BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience in the telecommunication or utility industry.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience in the telecommunication or utility industry.
- 2-4 years of experience in Technical Writing in civil or mechanical construction (ex. Tech writing on roadway or airplanes) or telecomm. Less software documentation.
- Basic understanding of telecommunication design and construction processes
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, to multi-task and to prioritize effectively while driving high impact, positive results
- Experience developing technical standards and business processes (internal or external facing)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Certification or license in PMP or PM knowledge
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.