Network Engineer - Our client is hiring in Hampton Roads!
Summary of Position
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of the data/voice/video networks used to support our client. It is also responsible to participate in the interaction between business, project and support personnel to develop and maintain these solutions
location: Chesapeake, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Key areas of responsibility:
o Networks that support operations of all enterprise wired and wireless networks and VoIP solutions.
o Secure communications to third party service providers such as payment processors, SAAS/IAAS, and trading partners.
o Computer - telephone integration solutions for contact centers
o Headquarters telecommunications solutions including audio and video conferencing
o Network instrumentation, reporting and failure analysis
o Lead technical design projects to support business requirement efforts
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ongoing design and deployment of solutions to support the enterprise networks. This includes store, distribution center, regional operating office, corporate facilities as well as remote access VPNs.
- Interface and coordinate with third party vendors that provide technology services.
- Develop and support initiatives to promote stability and reliability of network solutions to support a high volume, high transaction environment.
- Manage the policies and procedures to ensure all network infrastructure equipment are operating at the appropriate software levels to include drivers, patches, service packs, release upgrades, etc.
- Maintain accurate network diagramming and documentation of networks.
- Work closely with other Information Technology teams and business partners to ensure that network solutions are available to support IT and business initiatives.
- Perform project and non-project related tasks and activities to support the department's goals and objectives.
- Prepare and manage capital and expense budgets for network engineering projects.
- Perform project management duties as required.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in current and emerging technologies
- Research and evaluate industry developments and trends.
- Perform software and hardware evaluations to assure documented requirements are met and department standards are followed.
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering or Information Systems preferred.
- 7 years of experience in enterprise network design and systems management
- Firsthand experience managing multi-site, multi solution networks. Experience managing 100 or more individual locations preferred.
- Experience with broadband, MPLS, cellular, VPN, cloud integration, Internet redundancy, WAN acceleration, load balancing, VoIP, Wifi, enterprise firewalls, headquarters telecommunications systems (Avaya, Cisco. Polycom).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding and interest in continuous process improvement
- Independent and proactive management style
- Ability to work on many concurrent priorities
- Action oriented and able to manage and meet aggressive timelines and deadlines.
- Strong track record of delivering initiatives on time and on budget.
skills: Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working in high square footage, high user count campus environments.
- Experience developing and maintaining modern NAC environments servicing guest and employee wifi and mobile connectivity.
- Experience developing and maintaining audio and video teleconferencing systems.
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise routing and switching protocols to include BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP,TP, VPC and EtherChannel
- Experience developing and maintaining global and server load balancing systems with the F5 product line.
- Experience developing and maintaining multi-site Riverbed Steelhead environments.
- Experience negotiating and managing vendor agreements. Large vendor experience preferred.
- Experience developing network management and monitoring tools.
- Current network and / or security certifications.
- Familiarity with ITIL and IT service management concepts. ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Critical incident management and response experience
- Demonstrated track record of improving stability and reducing costs.
- Experience creating, maintaining and optimizing Standard Operating Procedures
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.