job summary: Summary:
- Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions.
- These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- May have responsibility for a project and project budget.
- May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 2-5 years of experience
- 5+ years of web and rest services application programming experience J2EE/Java.
- Working knowledge of software frameworks such as Struts, Spring, Spring MVC, Groovy, Scala, Open Source components, Rest API etc., Working experience with the latest Front End technologies - HTML5, CSS3, SASS, and new design patterns
- Responsive Web Design, MVC, and OOCSS.
- Experience of using one or multiple J2EE application servers. Deep understanding of OO design is a must.
- Basic database and SQL skills. Experience with the development models such as Agile and SDLC.
- Knowledge of test driven development. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.