Great opportunity!! Contract to Perm Android Developer to join a Fortune 5 organization that was named one of 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2019! If you believe you have the skills required please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-450-8468
location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 56 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with project managers and engineering leads to define business requirements, and provide technical solutions for complex tasks.
- Analyze business requirements to understand the overall scope of projects.
- Develop technical specifications into high quality working code.
- Develop native mobile applications from requirements
- Participate in code review sessions to find and resolve roadblocks while developing new features.
- Perform System Testing, Regression Testing, participate in User Acceptance Testing as well as System Integration Testing.
- Perform mobile application testing to ensure application is working as designed.
- Analyze and optimizing legacy code.
- Perform maintenance and support as needed for existing mobile applications.
- Debug applications to identify and resolve complex production defects to improve overall application performance.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure application functionality and data integrity is maintained.
- Support code deployments to production.
- Utilize project management tools to manage project tasks, test cases, defects and reports.
A minimum of 3 years' experience with native Android application development
- Experience with multithreading programming
- All candidates need to come from a Java and Kotlin background
- Experience with Android frameworks such as Core Data, Core
- Familiarity using Restful APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
- Android knowledge of HealthKit, WatchOS is a plus
- Familiar with accessibility development practices in support of people with auditory, cognitive, neurological, physical, speech, and visual disabilities
- Knowledge of SAFe Framework, scaled agile a plus.
skills: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related Degree, or the U.S equivalent in an appropriate IT related field, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.