The R&D IT Project Manager will oversee Research projects supporting data integrity program (asset and assay registration solution). The Project Manager has responsibility for the health and success of projects within a matrixed organization with direct relationships with various groups in the business as well as IT.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This role requires the ability to:
- Monitor, manage, and ensure predictable delivery of the project in a deadline-driven environment.
- Drive delivery and accountability of internal staff as well as vendors and third-party project managers. Own the quality of the project delivered.
- Enable early identification and appropriate escalation of risks and issues that require assistance, attention, or executive resolution.
- Effectively communicate project status to leadership, verbally or in written form.
The Project Manager will monitor resources both internal to client as well as external vendors and partners. The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that the projects are delivered according to committed scope, approved budget, and target dates. The Project Manager will ensure that internal staff, as well as vendors and third-party project managers, provide committed project deliverables to the appropriate cadence and high level of quality.
- 5+ years project management experience, ideally including budget accountability
- 8+ years experience as an IT professional
- Comfortable with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, and familiarity with tools such as MS Project and JIRA.
- Experience with research systems projects, including requirements gathering, planning, and execution within a highly structured SDLC framework
- Experience with GxP-validated systems
- Experience in leading daily stand-ups and cross-functional meetings for nimble, fast-moving teams
- Proven ability to motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - particularly organizing and presenting project information to management
- Capable of working well under pressure; highly organized
- Capable of multi-tasking across projects
- Capable of working independently
- Experience working with third party vendor management (SaaS, cloud vendors)
- A background in Life Sciences projects, with research projects involving LIMS implementation
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Business, or Life Sciences-related field required
- Graduate degree in a relevant field preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.