Perform on premise database dependency analysis, design and plan migration of SQL server databases to AWS RDS.
- Ensure AWS database resources are sized properly, and design appropriate structures and policies for optimal performance, monitoring, operation & maintenance
- Should interact and work with multiple infrastructure and IT groups for dependency assessment & validations, environment setup, maintenance and support
- Should update, create and troubleshoot T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions etc. during AWS migration.
- Should automate SQL server deployment through infrastructure as a code mechanism.
- Develop documentation & provide SME guidance for best practices on AWS cloud database infrastructure setup, operations, and upgrades.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and data protection protocols
- Having an AWS specialty certification in big data, database or analytics is a plus.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience managing and administering on premise sql server databases with multiple versions (2008 to 2019) and at scale.
- Experience managing, administering databases in AWS database solutions such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Redshift and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Experience in AWS services like IAM, S3, Athena, Glue, Data pipeline, Step, Data migration services, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, and Lambda.
- Experience migrating on premise SQL databases to AWS Cloud database platforms.
- Experience in database CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps is a must.
- Ability to work on multiple high priority tasks, and adjust to changes on priorities & deadlines.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.