Sr. Database Programmer / Administrator
- Write, execute and validate DML, DDL, DCL, functions, adhoc queries and stored procedure scripts to meet requirements
- Reverse engineer and convert application logic / embedded SQL steps in Power Builder code to sql server stored procedure or functions.
- Implement DEVOPS for database components using CI/CD pipelines.
- Plan and implement SQL upgrade from 2008 to 2019.
- Configure, maintain and develop monitoring tools for database servers and components
- Should interact and work with multiple infrastructure and IT groups for dependency assessment & validations, environment setup, maintenance and support
- Develop data models, documentation & provide SME guidance for best practices on database infrastructure setup, operations, and upgrades.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and data protection protocols
- Prior experience on SQL 2008 to Sql 2019 upgrade, and application reverse engineering on data layer objects is a plus
- Having an SQL server DBA or querying database certification is a plus.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience in writing, debugging, and optimizing complex set based sql queries, procedural sql queries and stored procedures.
- Expert in logical & physical design, security design, and capacity planning of sql server databases
- Familiar with SQL 2000 objects and its compatibility/equivalency with SQL 2019 objects
- Expert in managing and administering on premise sql server databases with multiple versions (2008 to 2019) and at scale.
- Experience in database CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps is a must.
- Ability to work on multiple high priority tasks, and adjust to changes on priorities & deadlines.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.