Sr. Oracle DBA
job summary: Summary:
- Sr DBA position; 10 + years experience with Oracle Database Administration with experience in implementation, maintain Oracle databases across multiple platforms.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- This Oracle DBA will be responsible for installation, configuration, upgrading, administrating, monitoring, performance tuning, maintenance, and handling database security of Oracle databases running on a Linux platform.
- Golden Gate implementation is a must, experience on Active/Active setup is a plus Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Proficiency in Oracle database Backup/Recovery, Cloning, Maintenance, Exp/Imp/Datapump, Performance monitoring/tuning, Security management, PL/SQL Programming, with work experience on Oracle 11g/12c databases. Applying Oracle patches and maintain ASM and sound knowledge of Autosys
- Perform database upgrades/migrations
- Troubleshoot complex systems to identify bottlenecks (SQL, IO, hardware, query related, etc.); Resolve database related issues.
- Provide production support in time sensitive situations in addition to providing support for multiple high profile applications/projects.
- Support release rollouts/builds for application teams. This requires client management skills and a comfort with change management concepts.
- Support project teams. This requires time management skills, comfort with processes, judgment regarding when to escalate issues to leads and management, and the ability to work as the SQL expert in part of a team. Decisions/Actions must be in compliance to our internal standards and policies.
- Manage connectivity to other RDBMS.
- Assist clients with fine tuning indexing and tune queries.
- Generate performance and efficiency metrics and offer expert advice to clients.
- Perform regular security and access reviews; Remediate as needed.
Top 3 Must Have Skillsets Required :
- Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting
- Advanced Golden Gate Skills
- Deep Fundamental Oracle knowledge with Backup and Recovery skills
- Level of Experience Needed (highlight)- High
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.