Our Major Financial Client is seeking a specialist who will be responsible for DataStage development work in support of Regulatory Reporting FHFA Scorecard Program.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $54.99 - 56.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Develop effective solutions to new and existing data reporting requirements and data issues primarily using DataStage.
- Perform root cause analysis and address existing issues.
- Find gaps in the existing processes, constantly improve the processes/procedures, automate manual tasks and provide stability to the applications.
- Participate in analysis of agile user stories; participate in and develop solution based on business requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary, unit test and deploy quality solutions.
- Perform analysis and make code changes to the DataStage ETL and Unix jobs.
- Support applications in production.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- At least 5-7 years of experience in DataStage(ETL), shell scripting, and db2/Sybase/Oracle SQL skills.
- Strong analytical and development skills required to troubleshoot issues and develop effective solutions.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Innovative in providing solutions and likes to take on challenges with calculated risks.
- Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools.
- Experience in all aspects of system development life cycle methodologies including agile development
- Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
skills: - Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and management on both the business and IT sides.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.