We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer with a focus on front end technologies. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where change is constant. This position requires the need to be extremely organized, highly collaborative, and results-driven. Individuals need to take initiative and reach out to other team members when they need assistance. Likewise, the Full Stack Engineer will need to be available and willing to assist other engineers and team mates when they need help. Verbal and written communication skills are key here.
location: Duluth, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Develop and design the application experiences, ensuring pages are programmed responsively, error-free, cross-browser/cross-device compatible, highly scalable, and optimized for performance.
- Follow standards for development of tools and experiences, with focus on performance, scalability, and reusability.
- Stay current with the newest online technologies. Perform quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging, and production environments.
- Collaborate effectively with team members as well as UX, QE, and release engineering team.
- Rapidly execute on solutions when problems or challenges have been identified.
- Consistently demonstrate ownership and on time delivery.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as mentor for junior engineers
- Design and develop medium sized applications with little direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 4+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years' experience of software designing and developing web and enterprise applications using Java/J2EE
- 2+ years building RESTful APIs, microservices
- 2+ years with NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB), horizontal scaling, eventual consistency
- 1+ years with cloud computing on major providers (Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure)
- 3+ years in mature agile, automated environments w/ Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Experience in Graph/hierarchical databases like Neo4J is preferred
- Metrics-oriented, and concerned about testing throughput, latency, security, & other non-functional requirements
- Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, CORS, JWT, etc.)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting multi-threaded code in distributed systems.
- Extensive knowledge of open source Java frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
skills: Communication Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
- Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of Product Engineering and Product Management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.