A Development Tech Lead is a hands-on technical lead who is comfortable coding 80% of his / her day while also overseeing the daily work of the development team. This includes providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves to code. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, help tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. A development tech lead will need to have strong background in Java Web Services, Micro-services, REST APIs, Spring framework and Messaging techniques. Having worked with some Big Data and NoSQL is a plus. Public Cloud work is a strong plus related to Micro-services. Other skills needed for this position are Nodes JS, Backbone, JQuery and Handlebar templates. Code quality using practices like TDD, DevOps a strong plus.
The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Support Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
location: Duluth, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Work in a full Lean/Agile collaborative environment - including interactive discussions, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Own end to end testing strategy for large, complex projects which involve multiple teams and systems.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and PMs to estimate and plan work, provide status updates to stakeholders and executives.
- Work with senior developers, software architects and business partners to resolve development roadblocks.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- Own the relationships with key supporting teams.
- Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
- Hands-on system design and development as needed.
- Hands-on mentoring of the team.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years as a technical lead in a web development environment.
- 6 years of full life cycle hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s).
- 5+ years of core web application concepts and technologies (HTTP/REST/HTML/CSS/JS/MVC).
- 5+ years of experience with SOA, Java Web Services, REST, JSON, XML, and Messaging techniques are highly preferred.
- 5+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features.
- 5+ years of performance testing, tuning and analysis experience, in the web development industry ideally in the retail space.
- 3+ Years of hands on experience using APM tools like (DynaTrace, Splunk, Librato).
- Experience with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews.
- Strong SQL and DB skills (Oracle preferred).
skills: Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
- An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
- Strong estimating and planning skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
- Strong leadership skills to drive initiatives and engage others in the team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.