If you're knowledgeable about virtual address translation & page management and have an interest in AR/VR graphics processing, a love for solving novel problems from first principles, and excellent coding and communication skills, you'll thrive in our collaborative environment.Join a world-class team of pioneers experimenting with breakthrough technology. Partner with expert research scientists, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and other brilliant software minds to build cutting-edge software prototypes to help create the technology that makes AR/VR universal.Come invent the future. At FRL, graphics software development is vital to turbocharging our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come — products that will literally give people super powers.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This project involves testing and ultimately implementing new methods for virtual page translation for use in AR/VR graphical systems. Job skills required for the position include the following:
* Write code that emulates proposed algorithms, both for offline and real time results
* Build a memory access simulator to measure performance of a novel virtual addressing system
* Write a page management system that allocates virtual addresses for various kinds of memory resources
* Ultimately write kernel code to integrate the new paging system into an embedded processor OS
* Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize to maintain efficiency * Learn constantly, dive into unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
* Work closely with our perceptual research team as well as other domain experts to evaluate results
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.