job summary: Voice Engineer / Communications Infrastructure Engineer
Under the general direction of the team lead, the Voice Engineer is a member of the Voice Engineering Team. Responsibilities include providing management and administrative support for the voice environment. This individual will be a member of the network/telephony team, and their primary responsibilities will consist of configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all voice systems managed by the Technical Operations division.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field and at least 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of the principles of customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to new and changing situations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with strong organization skills.
- Ability to effectively document procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends (scheduled and unscheduled).
- Some lifting of hardware of 10 or more pounds, reaching overhead and crawling into tight spaces.
- Required to work in a data center environment with moderate noise and cool temperatures.
- Experience working with technical and non-technical staff and end users.
- Excellent communications skill, both written and oral and strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with other information technology professionals to meet the short and long-range needs of the enterprise.
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks and environments.
- Experience and familiarity in VoIP call terminology and lingo.
- Familiar with methods of sip trunk topology - over www, over peer, over IPsec vpn, over private networks.
- Sonus Networks platform experience with Sonus EMS, Sonus SBC, Sonus PSX
- Understanding of MOS Score, Jitter, Delay, etc. and how to troubleshoot these occurrences.
- Knowledge of Voice PSTN networks and ability to grasp traffic flows in all directions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team providing timely, high quality customer-focused services to the communities.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflicting user requests in an extremely busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Proven ability to complete tasks on time and within established parameters.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with access to confidential and other data types.
- Patience and a high tolerance for challenging customers.
location: Coralville, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Maintain and troubleshoot our various voice platforms. This includes but is not limited to NEC (TDM PBX), Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCE), Cisco Finesse, voice gateway routers, and E911.
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize voice and related network systems' performance.
- Perform administration of voice devices, enrolling, activating, and managing devices used to provide voice services.
- Work closely with both customers and vendors in resolving issues and turning up new features/products.
- Escalation point from the Help Desk or field technicians to assist customers that require a higher level of expertise in technical troubleshooting of hands on assistance.
- Assist senior engineers in upgrades, security audits and any other core configurations.
- Assists in writing and editing Help Desk articles and application documentation.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties in support of the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Cisco IP
- VoIP Systems
- Technical support
- OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.