This senior level position is responsible to prepare business specific analysis by using mathematical concepts and data modeling to identify trends, and prepare recommendations for business solutions. Also responsible for quality and quantity of sound decisions around business processes. The Data Analyst III is able to independently work with more than one business group and the top stakeholders in the business units.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: 50% Analyze Results
* Summarizes and presents analysis findings and discusses recommendations for next steps.
* Builds on present analysis to build future analysis.
* Explains analysis by discussing analysis approach and summary of findings.
* Gains commitment to action and ensures implementation of recommended actions.
* Uses judgment to recommend workable alternatives to stakeholders.
* Develops and modifies programs when more complex analysis in required. 30% Analysis and Reporting Needs
* Works with business partners to analyze needs for information and converts them into action items, requests or projects.
* Gathers requirements and develops specifications for business analysis needs.
* Retrieves data from various sources and prepares data for analysis.
* Verifies accuracy of data pulled and revises methods of data retrieval.
* Develops complex queries against data sources.
* Develops spreadsheets and tools for management use.
* Compiles and prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
* Prepares forecasts, identifies and analyzes trends.
* Recommends process improvements and/or goal changes.
* Serves as expert on multiple data sources. 15% Department Liaison/Project Work
* Participates in the formation of business plans and forecasts and provides answers to questions about business data to appropriate business units.
* Supports business area projects by applying general knowledge of the business area processes including best practices.
* Works on projects beyond the scope of their own business area.
* May provide data and respond to questions to external groups/agencies/vendors. Candidate Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros.
- Database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format.
- Proficient in MBI, Crystal, or other reporting tools.
- SAS and SQL programming skills familiarity
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information and matches data from multiple sources
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Data Analysis
- MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.