UX Content Writer
Looking for UX Content Writers for a six month contract with extensions. Candidates can work from home but must work on eastern standard time.
The Online Channel is one of our customers key distribution channels, providing customers with the ability to seek financial information, perform account transactions and acquire products. It is accountable for the online channel strategy, customer experience and distribution of products and services across businesses. The channel aims to deliver exceptional, seamless and effortless experiences for customers and clients who manage their finances online.
The Digital Content Manager is part of the Online Channel's Digital Customer Experience group, which is responsible for ensuring a consistent and compelling customer experience through the company's public and transactional online properties. The group works with Marketing, lines of business and other teams both inside and outside the Online Channel to identify and develop business opportunities online. As the group operates in the ever-changing interactive space and the extremely competitive financial industry, the work environment is fast-paced and challenging.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Customer Experience, the Digital Content Manager is responsible for and contributes to the analysis, conceptualization, writing, proofreading and editing and documentation of original copy for company websites and related interactive applications that meet business objectives and user requirements. This person should be eager to collaborate with the creative team, as well as grow and learn their craft.
location: Falmouth, Maine
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Collaborates with project partners to determine the business objectives that drive content strategy
- Gathers and makes recommendations on user requirements for projects
- Contributes to project scoping and planning
- Incorporates results of competitive site evaluations and customer data into content strategy
- Writes effective and compelling short- and long-form copy, including product pages, secure applications, FAQs, etc.
- Assists in developing and documenting content creation governance and workflow as well as style, tone and voice guidelines, including recommendations around brand vision
- Presents content concepts and direction to client in collaboration with design team
- Establishes and manages relationships with internal and external clients
- Collaborates with Marketing on optimizing copy for SEO/SEM
- Proofreads and corrects web copy for grammar, punctuation and style in accordance with style and brand guidelines
- Performs routine edits and maintenance on existing web copy
- Provides quality assurance of deliverables
- Related education, preferably in Marketing, Communication, Advertising or Journalism
- 3-5+ years' experience in content creation, content strategy experience preferred
- Strong portfolio of writing samples
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, with experience writing for online required, mobile a plus
- Understanding of interactive design and usability principles and how content strategy and creation contributes to the user experience
- Financial services industry knowledge preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong ability to articulate concepts and rationale to team members and clients
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure, with careful attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Passion for the web and enthusiasm for collaboration with other creatives
- Solid knowledge of applicable programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
1.) UX Experience
2.) Content Writer
NICE TO HAVE:
Skills needed for submittals
Has this candidate worked as a former client Contractor via SOW? - Yes or no
Has your candidate worked at our client as a Full Time employee? - Yes or no
Experience in UX Writing-years
Experience in writing content, proofreading and editing for websites-years
Exp. working in the financial industry- Yes or no
Link to portfolio-
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.