We are currently seeking a BI Engineer (Tableau) to deliver descriptive analytics solutions for the enterprise. As a member of the Enterprise Analytics team, you will be delivering high impact solutions driven by our executive leadership.
The BI Engineer (Tableau) will report to the engineering supervisor, partners with data and software engineers, analysts, business stakeholders and Enterprise Analytics leadership. This individual must exhibit strong data visualization skills and carry a ux/design mindset, with experience delivering solutions in Tableau that are used by large and varied audiences.
location: Beloit, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Development of dashboards, data visualizations and reports.
- Creation and maintenance of wireframes and other tools to drive the design process.
- Identifies and presents suggestions for data presentation based on stakeholder need and data analysis.
- Production of highly performant SQL queries as needed for solutions.
- Ability to tune and produce highly scalable Tableau assets. Understands Tableau internals and processes. Has awareness of bottlenecks and/or opportunities in the product.
- Performs Tableau dashboard load testing as needed, using TabJolt or alternative.
- Collaborates with and informs Tableau Administrator of solution needs and system impacts.
- Researches and leverages new features in tools available to them.
- Train and/or advise others on new features and solutions in Tableau.
- Follows established design guides and templates. Makes recommendations for modification to leadership.
- Actively participates in events and/or ceremonies as needed to obtain objective/scope.
- Advocates and evangelizes product/feature value.
- Keep stakeholder(s) and team engaged with consistent and incremental delivery.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Tableau (4 years of experience is preferred)
- SQL (4 years of experience is required)
- wireframes (2 years of experience is required)
- Business Intelligence (3 years of experience is required)
- Data Warehousing (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.