Salesforce Architect #85
client is moving the billing process and billing data for its Administrative Service Contract [ASC] accounts from a legacy mainframe solution to the Salesforce platform. This project will take approximately ten months and will involve the Enterprise Technology, Sales, Billing, Finance, and Underwriting departments. Currently,client uses Salesforce's Sales and Service clouds to support its Sales and Enrollment teams and processes across all markets.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Salesforce Technical/ Solution Architect will support the client Salesforce Center of Excellence [CoE] with the delivery of the project from a Salesforce and Salesforce integration perspective. The Salesforce Architect's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Facilitating working sessions with IT and business stakeholders to complete discovery, design and implementation planning activities
· Driving technical design and integration approaches for the solution;
· Reviewing solution design and documentation from system integrators and partners;
· Ensuring designs and solutions are supportable and maintainable in the long-run and leveraging out-of-box, configurable solutions vs. custom code or custom development when possible;
· Leading technical requirement gathering efforts;
· Identifying and designing integrations between third-party/ancillary systems and Salesforce;
· Reviewing business requirements and ensuring solutions adhere to the requirements;
· Recommending and driving adherence towards technical best practice and best design;
· Speaking confidently about the Salesforce platform and concepts;
· Providing Salesforce technical expertise;
· Escalating risks, issues, blockers; and other challenges (both technical and non-technical) to the Project/Program Manager and Salesforce CoE;
· Other duties as assigned.
The Salesforce Architect is a prominent role inside the IT project team. Communication skills - both verbal and written - are critical. The successful candidate will bring a strategic solution mindset with Salesforce technical acumen. A successful candidate will have several years of experience in a critical solution leadership role for large engagements. An ideal candidate will have experience driving design and solutioning for salesforce data models.
At least 3 years with Salesforce and at least 3 years in a solution/ technical architect role (5+ preferred). Experience should include:
· A strong understanding of Salesforce concepts and best practices, including management of Workflows, Process Builder, Apex code, Triggers, Page Layouts, and VisualForce;
· Experience with Salesforce Managed Packages and AppExchange;
· Experience configuring the Sales and Service Clouds in Salesforce;
· An understanding of data integration and data interchange;
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to explain technical concepts to both highly technical and non-technical audiences;
· Experience delivering projects using an agile methodology;
· Ability to create high-quality documentation of technical solutions and design, including diagramming in Microsoft Visio;
· A self-motivated, high-energy performer who is not afraid to speak up and ask the right questions.
· Salesforce Administrator, Platform Developer, or Architect certification; · Experience in the healthcare, insurance, and/or finance sectors;
· Bachelor's Degree level education;
· 5+ years of experience in information technology;
· 3+ years of experience designing and delivering solutions utilizing the Salesforce platform.
· Experience with database architecture or database design concepts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.