Our client is looking at opportunities to improve e-rate program administration, as part of the effort looking at underlying systems to identify opportunities for Improvement. EPC is critical system for processing e-rate applications and has several issues that are plaguing the system and impeding our ability to process applications on time. The prospective candidate for the role would look at ways to reduce system complexity with focus on decoupling of UI & backend, Converting legacy backend layer into an ecosystem of API's, separating business rules from application code to centralized business rules engine, Implementing CI/CD pipeline for faster deployments, Breaking monolith backend into micro services.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Provide end-to-end design guidance, oversight and problem management
- Provide oversight of requirements gathering and interpretation for all infrastructure impacts across the portfolio pipeline
- Provide oversight of the requirements process on key projects by clarifying requirements where and when necessary, ensure all teams understand the business reasons for the requirements
- Provide end-to-end design process guidance and oversight/provide guidance throughout the design process
- Guide teams through design challenges where and when necessary
- Provide oversight of design and implementation reviews, participate in, and lead as appropriate, design and implementation reviews during the lifecycle of a project for key business initiatives and core engineering projects before they go into production to ensure Operational Readiness
- Review final target architecture and design
- Partner with architecture/development teams on business planning sessions
- Provide reviews of existing solutions including tracking/remediating issues and gaps for resiliency, risk and performance
- Provide technology guidance into strategic plans and business strategies
- Appian L3 certification mandatory
- Minimum 12 years of IT experience with at least 5-7 years delivering solutions using Appian.
- Experience assessing and leveraging both mainstream and emerging technology advancements (especially AI, analytics and automation/robotics) with a strategic mindset to transform or optimize business designs.
- Bachelor's Degree
skills: - Expert level experience with Appian 16x/17x/18x/19x versions, Ability to write complex Appian SAIL Code. Just not drag and drop
- Strong understanding of Appian Objects such as Records, Reports, Tasks, News, Sites, Actions, Expression Rules, Constants, Query
Rules, Web API, Interface Rules, CDTs, Process Models. Constants, Decisions, Integrations, Connected Systems, Data Stores, Groups,
- Have worked on two or more end to end Appian BPM implementation (Design/Develop/Deploy/Package)
- Experience in building frameworks and BPM concepts
- Sound Knowledge of Appian Process/Solution and Infrastructure Architecture (Infrastructure Architecture must include knowledge of
Appian In-Memory KDB Engines, Sizing, Scaling Vertically/Horizontally)
- Sound Knowledge App Servers such as JBOSS, TOMCAT etc. and Web Servers such as Apache etc.
- Solid fundamentals in languages such as Java. Knowledge about OOP Concepts
- Strong understanding of various authentication and authorization mechanisms such as OKTA, API Key Based Authentication, LDAP,
- Integration with Web Services (SOAP and REST both), ESBs such as JBoss Fuse, Business Rules Engine such as DROOLS
- Hands- On Experience in writing Appian Plugins (includes Smart Services, Function Plugins and Servlet Plugins), Connected Systems and Component UI Plugins (Preferred)
- Experience with Embedded SAIL
- Experience with J2EE Design Patterns such as JSPs, Java Servlets, EJBs, JDBC etc. Strong understanding of JMS Messaging Services, Spring Security Framework and Hibernate Technologies
- Expert in user interface development, engineering cross-browser, cross device compliant code
- Exposure to RPA, AI and intelligent automation tool
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.