We are seeking a forward thinking, experienced Project Management Tools Developer to join the FRL Operational Excellence Team team. The candidate we seek is a forward thinking professional with deep experience creating internal software tooling and automation solutions for large multi-disciplinary teams.
The ideal candidate should have an experienced view of software architecture and be comfortable working independently with little supervision and creating global direction. They should also be a natural collaborator, able to distill the needs of all relevant stakeholders and subject matter experts and translate these into long-term engineering solutions. The successful candidate will be capable of providing technical guidance and mentorship and drive continuous improvement in global operational processes and tooling. Extensive knowledge of programming/scripting, and leading complex projects in a large-scale, distributed environment is an advantage.
location: MENLO PARK, California
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Collaboratively design, develop and execute software based automation and tooling solutions to drive global software and hardware program execution and efficiency.
- Work with our Operational Excellence team, TPM, Engineering, partners and Operations teams to evaluate, recommend and create tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality operational tooling for planning and tracking large scale programs
- Collaborate with stakeholders, functional owners and subject matter experts to interpret business and operations needs and articulate how they can be addressed in partnership with engineering and programs teams
- Acts as a member of and/or lead project teams developing new tools or enhancing existing ones, together with our engineering teams.
- Gather and prioritize requirements from Engineering and TPMs, and act as the liaison between these and the engineering teams on technical project matters
- Drive tooling improvements through prioritization in tooling roadmaps, in partnership with other teams at Facebook
- Create and influence roadmaps for tooling improvements and further automation
- Build strong relationships with other groups within engineering and/or across the company. Actively solicit feedback from related teams, and use that feedback to improve tooling efficiency as infrastructure scales
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.