The Technical Support Specialist's role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $32.50 - 40.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
education: No Degree Required
- - Oversight and technical analysis of incoming end user service requests.
- - Provide support to Administrative offices during regular business hours:
- o Client desk side support
- o Audio/ Video Conference room support
- - Troubleshoot advanced hardware issues with PCs and peripherals:
- o Desktop/laptop PCs
- o Hardware Components
- o Printers
- o Scanners
- o Deployment of new PCs and laptops
- o Software image deployment
- o Installation of additional application software
- - Advanced Helpdesk troubleshooting tasks including, but not limited to
- o User account management,
- o File server/share management
- o Exchange mailbox administration
- o Network-based printers and multi-function device
- - Fully documents problem symptoms and captures all relevant system and application information within the IT knowledge base system.
- - Independently resolves most problems/questions that arise, and consults with senior team members or other technical staff only on unusual or especially difficult issues.
- - Recognizes problem issues that affect multiple end users and work with other IT teams to prioritize and solve quickly.
- - Log all calls in the Service Desk ticketing systems.
- - Escalate all out of scope issues in adherence of SLA timelines.
- - Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- - Persistent review of the aging ticket queue to ensure SLA goals are achieved.
- - Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- - Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- - Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- - An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- - Is able to keep up in the environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- - Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
- - High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 2-5 years' work experience in related field required; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science field preferred but not required.
- - Working knowledge of current network topology, TCP/IP network troubleshooting in a WAN/LAN environment, office applications, printing processes, and advanced troubleshooting of desktop operating systems.
- - Able to troubleshoot issues with servers, desktops, printers, networks, remote access and Internet Explorer.
- - Able to resolve mechanical/technical problems over the phone with emphasis on troubleshooting ability.
- - Able to identify and communicate trends and work with senior department team members to define corrective action.
- - Competent use of AD to create and manage users, groups, and resources effectively.
- - Continually seeks to improve technical skills as they relate to all areas of the support organization through attending classes, providing on-site support to facilities as requested, and keeping up to date on Company and industry standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.