job summary: Senior Database Developer
- The selected candidate will work closely with GT&O business and technical partners to implement data strategies that support the GT&O logical data model and the Technology ADS. Technology ADS is an enterprise and mission critical platform for GT&O to consolidate, control, and provision data required to run the technology company.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert for designing robust, reliable, resilient and high performance database systems from sourcing, curation, and provisioning in support of the Tech ADS and other platforms in the Data Management Organization. Candidate will be responsible to ensure systems are optimally tuned to support thousands of concurrent users and provide rapid response times.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and fault tolerance and recovery is built into each design. Role is a very hands on, highly technical role. Candidate should have recent and hands on coding experience and demonstrated ability to design and support mission critical database systems.
qualifications: Required Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering, database design, database development.
- Hands on experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Senior level skills in Oracle Exadata (12.2 or higher) system optimization and performance tuning.
- Senior level skills in system monitoring and Oracle configuration.
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge and familiarity with other data stores such as Hadoop, Redis, SQL Lite and In Memory databases.
- Senior level conceptual, logical and physical data modeling (OLTP and Dimensional) experience.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of a number of large scale complex systems with rigorous data requirements.
- Senior -level hands-on experience in JSON/XML features and techniques in Exadata 12c.
- Solid understanding of ETL architectures, data movement technologies and business information systems.
- Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills, particularly as it relates to data modeling and enterprise data.
- Strong design and Engineering skills to build robust, reliable, resilient and high performing database systems
- Excellent analytical & problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and coaching.
skills: Desired Skills:
Top required IT/Technical skill-sets:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Experience with BI Platforms such as MicroStrategy or Tableau
- Software development in an Agile environment
- Working experience with Git, Jira, Confluence.
- Oracle Database Administrator supporting enterprise critical production databases.
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE, JMS, TIBCO Messaging is a huge plus.
- 7+ years of experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.