Our client, a rapidly growing software company, is looking to add an experienced Software Sales Professional to the team. This company provides solutions for mid and large sized companies mainly in the insurance sector. The average sale is over $1MM. They are looking for someone that would like to grow their career further in an environment where you are both a prospector as well as someone that can run with leads. .
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for generating a portion of their own leads through various means, including some "hunting," phone calls, following up on leads generated from inside and outside marketing resources, engaging with prospects at networking events, not-for-profit conferences and events, webinars etc. The ideal candidate will have experience selling ERP and related applications and will quickly obtain a high-level understanding of the products offered to the prospects.
Over the course of a sales cycle that averages 6 months, the ideal candidate will:
- Identify prospective customer needs and problems with their current situation
- Help the prospect to communicate the benefits to solving those problems and visualize the ideal solution
- Coordinate solution presentations including necessary internal resources
- Compose and present the solution proposal for software and requisite implementation/support services
- Negotiate and close the business
- 1+ Years of B2B Consultative Sales Experience in software/technology; 3-5 years of professional experience (maximum)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with software implementations
- A goal-oriented personality
- Ability to handle multiple sales opportunities in a fast-paced, stressful and high-pressure environment
- Ability to follow-through on deadlines and commitments
- Must be a college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Consultative and caring attitude and client success priority
- Ability to develop business via personal efforts including networking, cold prospecting
- Ability to travel up to 50% (mainly just on the east coast.
- An understanding of the insurance sector may be a plus.
- 3-5 years of professional experience (maximum)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.