job summary: IT Support Consultant - Core Requirements-
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all IT Support Consultants are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Under frequent supervision, the IT Support Consultant provides the first line of technical support to Client associates by responding to and addressing issues that are reported. The consultant is expected to document, troubleshoot, and research every issue to ensure support levels are maintained. The consultant is expected to provide a world class customer experience for every interaction, and find creative solutions to new issues. Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as the first point of contact for IT support questions. Properly document all steps taken during support calls and perform proper escalation procedures as needed. Provide assistance to all Client associates. Perform tasks on special projects as needed. Respond to Employee inquiries (phone, and e-mail), ensuring that employee technical issues are identified and resolved within expected service levels. Provide direct support for various desktop technologies such as Desktops, Laptops, Printers, and Mobile Devices. Provide direct support for various software products such as Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Products, etc. Provide direct support for internally developed business solutions. Provide direct troubleshooting of network and connectivity related issues. Qualifications
Requires an associate's Degree in the computer sciences field. In lieu of education, a minimum of two years of experience is required. Microsoft or other technical certifications and prior experience with an incident management system is preferred. ServiceNow ticketing experience preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
· Knowledge of troubleshooting personal computers and mobile devices
· Ability to provide excellent communication, both written and verbal
· Ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting, including triage and identifying systemic issues
· Ability to provide quality customer service experience to callers
· Ability to work well both on a team and individually
· Ability to keep pace with current technologies, including workstation and mobile devices
· Demonstrate ability to work well with the team
· Knowledge of Windows 10 and mobile device operating systems
· Familiarity of networking concepts
· Familiarity of the Microsoft product catalog
location: PEORIA, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 17 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Under frequent supervision, the IT Support Consultant provides the first line of technical support to Client associates by responding to and addressing issues that are reported. The consultant is expected to document, troubleshoot, and research every issue to ensure support levels are maintained. The consultant is expected to provide a world class customer experience for every interaction, and find creative solutions to new issues.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 40 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Helpdesk (2 years of experience is required)
- Windows Phone
- APPLICATION SUPPORT
- network support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.