Senior Embedded Firmware Manager - Perm
This is a permanent opportunity for an Embedded Engineer Supervisor to manage a team on various project efforts
Location: Remote -- potential to go back onsite in Odessa, FL
***Open to candidates that are remote currently and looking to relocate to Florida in the future.
location: Land O Lakes, Florida
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 4pm
The Sr. Embedded Supervisor will manage and coordinate multiple embedded projects & activities as part of the Tampa R&D organization; will be part of the Tampa R&D leadership interfacing other disciplines such as H/W, QA , Backend SW, Project Management, support and manufacturing; will be a key contributor leading the Tampa Embedded development team which includes the responsibility of both legacy and next generation projects & activities. Will have full ownership and responsibility for the Tampa R&D Embedded team execution on schedule delivery within the required quality.
· Proven direct managerial and leadership skills of Embedded team/s required.
· Ability to interface and cooperate with international Embedded teams required.
· Proven Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on RT embedded targets with technology leadership capabilities required.
· Solid programming experience in C / C++ required.
· Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems required.
· Excellent knowledge of RT OS coding techniques required.
· Embedded Linux Systems experience including development and debug kernel drivers, interface with hardware sub systems required.
· Experience in hardware/software integrations, drivers and low level SW implementations required.
· Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components required.
· Wide system knowledge in GPS, communication protocols, cellular, wiFi/BT, power management and sensors management.
· Strong documentation and writing skills needed.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
skills: · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited university required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.