Seeking a Python Developer to assist with developing modern, advanced on-premise and cloud-based analytics solutions, incorporating geospatial and big data to solve complex business operations challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity with competitive salary and great benefits.
location: Memphis, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a Python lead developer on technical projects, you enjoy working with business customers to design solutions and lead analysts and developers through iterative development cycles. You understand the importance of following best practices as you lead and develop code, test, debug, and deploy features and capabilities. You are a critical thinker, motivated, and have a passion to lead from the front and guide others. You think outside the box and enjoy researching and proposing innovative ideas. You are articulate and possess excellent presentation skills, capable of sharing ideas and concepts to business and technical staff alike.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise software development using Python (2.x and 3.x)
- 5+ years of experience using GIS products such as Esri ArcGIS software suite (Desktop, Pro, Server, SDE, and AGOL), Google Maps, and open source GIS tools
skills: Required Skills:
- Multithreading, asynchronous, server pool environments
- Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, or Tornado
- Knowledge of and experience developing web services using RESTful APIs, XML, SOAP, or JSON
- Database and SQL experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux environments and basic shell scripting; job scheduling and workload automation
- Agile work environment (Scrum, Lean)
- Cloud development/big data solutions
- Functional programming experience
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Routing technology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.