job summary: Summary:
- The Design Team Lead (DTL), sometimes referred to as Systems Integration Architect is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of project artifacts based on the CTO DAIC workflow. The DTL works closely with the Technology Project Manager and Engagement Manager in order to provide a fully documented infrastructure technology solution based on standard product offerings. As a subject matter expert (SME), the DTL is responsible for documenting and understanding the current environment for each design request.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The DTL also interfaces with the Midrange Standards and Infrastructure Engineering team to understand current technology trends and to review Client standards. These standards form the basis of all design offerings that are presented to the Line of Business as part of the overall design deliverable.
- Results oriented, business focused, & successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units at various levels
- Experience with information security topics, including design, development, implementation or governance of information security solutions
- Knowledge to design and implement secure, risk-based solutions, exercise judgment within broadly defined practices & policies
qualifications: Required Skills
- 10+ years' experience; Client experience is a plus
- Responsible for providing security expertise. Provides baseline security standards and policies for multiple projects of high complexity.
- Maintaining a consistent focus throughout the design project on the customer and business goals of the project.
- Work with the client to understanding Business Requirements by reviewing the Business Requirements Document
- Translate Business Requirements into Technical Requirements
- Determining potential hosting environments
- Identify appropriate SMEs for Technical Requirements and Design discussions
- Translate Technical Requirements into a Low Level Design (LLD) solution using IT Service Management (ITSM) Framework's Service Request (SR) Design Console and the Genesis toolset.
- Partner with the client and several Technology Infrastructure (TI) Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to product the design solution that meets the Business Requirements
- Product High Level Designs (HLDs) which illustrates the infrastructure and /or software interactions.
- Understanding BAC Reference Architecture (DRA/PDA) standards as well as a number of Standard and Frameworks the Client has to offer to produce a standard and supported solution. This ensures standardization across Design and Build
- Identify any non-standard product and address with appropriate parties for resolution
- Understand and adhere to governance mandates of zero growth, virtualization first.
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer throughout the project
- Work with the CE and Capacity Planner to agree to a hosting target location and solution around sizing of CPU, Memory and Storage
- Identify any Issues, Risks, Assumptions, Key Decisions that would impact the Technical Design or LLD
- LLD requirements include documenting CPU, Memory, Disk requirements (type; NAS, SAN, size and ownership) backup requirements; schedules, retentions and file systems, Application (Database, Middleware, Presentation) requirements, hosting location, capturing Active Directory Organizational Units, capturing maintenance and outage windows and identify additional software that must be installed on targeted platforms
- Work closely with the Technology Project Manager to communicate status, updates and escalate to resolve issues as needed
- Work with Supply Chain Management to obtain quotes for hardware where appropriate
- Meet with appropriate SMEs to review and obtain signoff for Cost and Design solutions
- Update, maintain and post accurate Design deliverables to Project repository
- Methodologies: ITSM, BAC Standards and Frameworks and Project Management methodologies, Agile, Scrum ,6 Sigma DMAIC, ITIL.
skills: Desired skills
- Previous Client experience is a plus.
- Maintain consistent focus throughout design on customer & business goals of project
- Ensure standardization across Design & Build
- Work with Supply Chain Management to obtain quotes for hardware as needed
- Key individual contributor
- Responsible for providing security expertise
- Must be able to articulate well, be confident and definitive, lead design calls, partner with
- other Subject Matter Experts, work individually and as a team member, carry out research
- with various technologies and work well/fast under pressure
- ITSM, BAC Standards and Frameworks and Project Management methodologies, Agile,Scrum ,6 Sigma DMAIC, ITIL.
- Soft skills requirements: Must be able to articulate well, be confident and definitive, lead design calls, partner with other Subject Matter Experts, work individually and as a team member, carry out research with various technologies and work well/fast under pressure
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.