A large Healthcare company local to Brea, CA is looking for a skilled BI Developer. This role is remote for now, but would need someone local to Brea or interested in relocating.
location: Brea, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ability to create and maintain the logical and physical Data Models for Business Intelligence Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- Designs and monitors the construction of user-facing Data Visualization and presentation tools, such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, SSAS cubes, PowerBI, Excel - Pivots and PowerPivots.
- Defines and implements best practices and standards for the data modeling processes required for developing reporting and analytical layer in EDW platform.
- Collaborates in data design walkthroughs to communicate Data Warehouse and Data Mart table designs to the development team.
- Develops prototype views and reports of the data and works with business users both internal and external to refine their requirements.
- Data Analysis: Ability to perform complex data analysis using advanced SQL skills and Excel to support internal client's data requests and queries.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative without prompting, ability to problem solve and think critical/ logical reasoning, attention to details; passion for accuracy.
- Collaborative; seeks input from others; operates with positive intent
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in BI/ Data Warehouse domain developing BI solutions and data analysis tasks using MSBI suites
skills: - Expert level T-SQL experience in writing/maintaining stored procedures and complex queries.
- Expert level experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSIS) and/or SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in developing BI solutions.
- Construction design of user-facing presentation tools: PowerBI, Excel based charting, Power Pivot, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring software development processes are followed and root cause remediation is planned and executed for each issue, and that actions are fully documented.
- Healthcare with Clinical and/or claims data experience will be a plus
- Microsoft Certifications in MSBI suites
- Fair understanding of statistical methods & data modeling to enhance analytical capabilities
- Experience with Medical claims data and Oncology or Cardiology specific domain
- Experience with MS Master Data Ser
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.