job summary: SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Required to work on-site or via remote connection and assist with hardware installations, software upgrades, systems integrations, and basic IT related issues.
location: East Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Functions:
Work involves most of the following:
- Responding to client support requests.
- Contacting clients to find out the nature of the problem.
- Traveling to the client's location or connecting via remote link.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues.
- Advising on software or hardware upgrades.
- Providing basic training on computer operation and management.
- Completing job reports and ordering supplies.
- Drive assigned projects to successful completion.
- Manager multiple projects ranging in size and scope
- Identify and quantify resource needs to close out the project deliverables.
- Create and maintain project management deliverables: Schedule, Risk Assessment, Charter, Roles & Responsibilities, Costs, Communication plan, Change Impact, presentations, etc.
- Maintain Up-to-date project status
- Facilitate high quality customer IT products with minimal customer impact, on time, on schedule, on budget by managing global projects including resolving complex issues, coordinating global resources, tracking time and cost, and managing schedule, risk, change, and communications as directed.
- All customer Standard Work and SDLC (System or Software Development Life Cycle) shall be followed,
- Coordinate with external resources to track and manage overall project activities for customer programs
qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School graduate at a minimum / some college experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Proven work experience as Desktop Support Engineer or Support Technician.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, chipsets, memory modules, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong knowledge and use of project management methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated success in leading IT projects through project management discipline and effective communications
- Ability to lead large team meetings, creating, tracking and communicating project, requirements, plans, schedules, and developing detailed documentation to help identify gaps and address challenges or roadblocks within the project.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Understanding of inter-dependencies between technology, operations and n business needs
- Self-starter who can deliver results with minimal guidance
- Customer focus, with strong interpersonal written/verbal communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Must be able to lead more than one project at a time
- 5+ years hands on Project Management/Program Management
- Proven record of accomplishment of delivering large complex projects.
- Ability to work within tight time frames
- Able to manage internal and external customer relationships and expectations,
- Able to work effectively in a complex, diverse, and changing environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical business partners.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Proven ability of collaboration and strong customer support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.