Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Android Build Engineer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Englewood, CO area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Englewood, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $59.07 - 66.45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Optimize android app and library builds for performance.
- Modify Android projects to produce App bundles
- Add support for dynamic delivery by including a base module, organizing code and resources for configuration APKs, and, optionally, adding dynamic feature modules.
- Reduce and streamline variants of Android builds, while supporting the needs of the development team.
- Identify top build performance and output size bottlenecks to development teams.
- Create optimized UI test automation support on our CI platform.
- Own (as part of a team) the configuration code; work closely with internal customers to identify requirements and make the necessary changes to configuration code including tests; manage deployment of changes.
- Gather and analyze system metrics to identify and address problematic machines.
- Monitor and improve DevOps tools and processes, automate mundane tasks, and improve system reliability by implementing self-healing.
- Keep CI toolchain up to date and resolve problems as they arise.
- Evaluate and potentially deploy CI services on a cloud provider such as Azure.
- Work closely with the development team to integrate new features, components and assets into the build and release process and systems.
- Help in the creation of hooks from repository through continuous integration and on to Enterprise AppStore.
- Manage and enhance the application code signing process for Android.
- Create and maintain the project build and configuration documentation
- Support coding design and style standards from within the build process
- Support code repository build tagging, branching and merging in GIT
- Must be able to create technical support documentation for process flows and configuration.
- Troubleshoot and resolve build, installation and configuration issues for Android.
- Research new technologies and integrate into existing systems when appropriate.
- Experience shell scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Networking - Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, NAT, PAT, Routing, Load Balancing as well as Packet inspection tools (wireshark, etc.)
- Agile development tools (Jira)
- Must have good interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Experience deploying changes to production environments
- Ability to work independently to deliver on a schedule without sacrificing quality
- Good organizational skills
- B.S. in computer science required
- Experience with Gradle
- Experience with Android build tools
- Experience with CI/CD Tools (Azure DevOps and Github Actions)
- Experience with MacOS and Red Hat Linux
- Experience with Code and Image repositories (Git, Github)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.