Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled UX Designer for a contract role in Beaverton Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: BEAVERTON, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $57 - 62 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
As a UX/UI Designer, you will help design the next generation analytics-driven, demand-planning application that will bring visionary designs to consumers in an ever-changing global marketplace through machine learning and advanced analytics. Specializing in human-computer interaction, you will create intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use products that connect planners to our consumers. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team of product managers, planners, engineers, and data scientists. You will come to understand the role and workflow of our planners, their systems, resources, toolsets, and their consumer-driven focus and will excel at translating that into an interactive-design application.
As a user-centered design evangelist, you can convince others of the value of this approach. The team will understand the phases of UCD and how this process will ensure the development of the right product in the most direct course. You're excited to kick off a project and launch the discovery phase. You are comfortable with ambiguity and in the 'get curious' space. You care more about your users and their experience than your design aesthetic, and you want to understand their world deeply. Awkward silence doesn't faze you in user interviews, where you're known for building rapport and collecting keen insights from a targeted rather than a large group of customers. You can map out end-end user journeys and identify areas of opportunity to continuously iterate and refine user experience.
Experience in retail, supply chain operations, financial or demand planning will enable you to bring your insights and industry experience to help the team understand the challenges and opportunities in store. After moving from empathy to ideation, you will lead creative sessions to get all the ideas on the table and then focus the team on converging on the ideal solutions. Your experience in Interaction Design will drive wireframing, prototyping and testing to design the most effective and efficient system. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product meets their needs and desires, while delighting them. In the end, your interface and interaction designs will deliver a product not only be elegant to use, but it will also feel natural to our users, and be enjoyable to our stakeholders.
- Collaborate across a matrixed team to understand key planning, supply chain, marketplace, and consumer needs.
- Generalist. Versatile end-to-end UX experience in research, strategy and design.
- Ability to clearly define the problem, articulate use cases, upshift the design system and user flows
- Ability to work in and advocate for an agile environment
- User research (quant. and qual. methodology, personas, empathy maps, experience maps, user interviews, user testing)
- Facilitate Design-thinking work-sessions in cross-functional teams
- Key insights, synthesising via Strategic thinking and methodology.
- Efficient and elegant interaction design
- Information Architecture
- Mockups, Wireframes, Wire-flows, User-flows, Storyboards
- Usability testing
- High-fidelity designs and solutions
- KPI/Measurement strategy
- Ability to translate and effectively hand-off design files to Engineering team
Essentials: Sketch, InVision, XD, Adobe CC.
Nice-to-haves: Zeplin, any remote-working, design-thinking tools (Mural or Miro).
Design research tools both Quant and Qual (Google Analytics, Hotjar, Usertesting, Crazy Egg, etc).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.