Our client is expanding its in-house application development capabilities to support the growing needs of the organization, including the rollout of a highly integrated new application ecosystem, launch of a new ERP system (NetSuite), expanding grantmaking capacity, and opening of a new community center.
The Senior Developer (SD) is responsible for all software development efforts for the organization. Roughly 85% of the SD's time would be spent developing web and desktop applications, integrations between systems, custom components for our ERP (NetSuite) and CRM (MS Dynamics) systems, utilities to add efficiencies to our processes, and custom modules for our website CMS (Drupal 8). The remaining 15% of the Senior Developer's time would be spent leading dev projects using agile project management methodologies. This includes leading development teams consisting of 3rd party developers, when necessary.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop web and desktop applications and associated APIs using .NET stack, C#, Visual Studio
- Write SQL to query and update databases - primarily MS SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and MySQL
- Manage software and web development projects using agile project management methodologies
- Manage software development team, composed of 3rd party developers and development firms
- Develop user interfaces using client-side technologies such as Angular
- Develop automated unit, integration, UI, and end-to-end test suites
- Develop SQL queries for data connectors and data sources to be used by applications
- Enhance our Power BI reporting packages by modifying and adding data connectors, reports, and dashboards
- Develop add-ins and customizations to our enterprise applications such as our core financial system (NetSuite launching in 2021), Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and MS Office 365
- Develop integrations between the many applications in our landscape using our 3rd party integration platform of choice
- Develop custom Drupal 8 modules and components for our organization's website
- Work with Senior Business Analyst to elicit business requirements from stakeholders and document them as user stories
- Work with Communications & Marketing team to design user interfaces
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity's mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field
- 7+ years of professional software/web development experience
- 3+ years of agile project management experience
- Expert in .NET development, including ASP.NET, C#, Entity Framework
- Must have strong communication skills, as this role will be interfacing with end users, vendors, and developers often
- Proficient in writing clean, well architected code using standard design patterns and SOLID principles
- Proficient in writing clean, effective, and comprehensive automated tests (unit, integration, UI) using a mocking framework
- Proficient in software project management using agile methodologies
- Proficient in relational databases such as SQL Server
- Proficient in SQL query and script writing
- Strong developer team management skills
- Good time and energy management skills
- Experienced in Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Preferred: Experience developing websites or web applications with PHP
- Preferred: Experience developing custom Drupal modules or components
- Preferred: Experience developing NetSuite customizations
- Preferred: Experience with integration platforms/middleware such as Boomi or Celigo
- Preferred: Experience with Azure DevOps (f.k.a. Visual Studio Team Services, Team Foundation Server)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.