Full Stack Principal Quantitative Engineer
The Global Asset Allocation division (GAA) is a leading provider of asset allocation solutions for retail and institutional clients. GAA research groups provide investment research and analysis to portfolio managers and other investment professionals in support of our broad range of investment solutions.
We are looking for a Full Stack Principle Quantitative Engineer that will be a part of a dynamic and fast-paced development team, embedded within the GAA researchers and analysts. You will provide high impact solutions on various projects including alpha research, portfolio construction, and risk management.
location: South Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Value You Deliver
Client is one of the world's largest providers of financial services, and offers investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, human resources and benefits outsourcing services to individuals and institutions. Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner in delivering creative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable the Asset Management team to achieve aggressive advantage globally.
The Expertise You Have
· Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, or engineering. Progress towards CFA (or equivalent) a plus
· Proven knowledge of math and statistics
· Proven and deep knowledge in DB table design, SQL programming, query optimization
· Knowledge of R/Shiny is a huge plus
· Working knowledge of Excel/VBA, experience with open source technology and cloud are pluses
· Unix scripting, Docker image, and Jenkins are a huge pluses
skills: The Skills You Bring
· Passion for finance, technology and analytics
· Strong full stack engineer and database specialist
· Ability to engage with researchers and investment professionals
· You thrive in an environment where you have one-on-one engagement with investors, building rapid solutions to meet their urgency, setting expectations through clear communication and mature decision-making
· You have a core engineering mentality, with a focus on writing clean, testable and readable code
· You pride yourself on being a strong teammate in a collaborative environment
· You are a rapid-learner, with the ability to pick up new technologies and act as a valuable member of a research team working on new whitepapers or investment ideas
· You can mentor junior associates in the team, providing technical mentorship and design feedback as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.