Our client is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to join their team. Due to Covid restrictions, candidates must have the capability to work and collaborate with a team that is working remote for the time being. Candidates must be able to communicate and wear different hats during this this time. Note that this role will require some travel once the travel restrictions are lifted.
location: Longmont, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 47.12 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with multiple teams, guiding team members through the use of Agile and Scrum practices. It's your job to schedule and facilitate team events such as Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups and various other team meetings.
- Act as a liaison between your development teams and other internal groups such as Product Management, Design, Docs, Legal and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective. You'll work and report to the program manager the status of the project.
- Track and report on project/sprint progress, and drive resolution of issues. Working with your peers across the organization, you'll coordinate related or dependent release activities.
- Ensure your team has the necessary resources and support to ensure success.
- Expertly manage cross-functional communication within the internal development team or with third-party vendors.
- Create problem statements and move from those to appropriate and data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional team leadership to establish goals and milestones that align with our design requirements and also account for development team dependencies.
- Prioritize goals into a road map for feature releases. Certified Scrum Master Preferred.
- Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur.
- Add value in technical discussions about feature design and implementation.
- Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external development teams as deliverable change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices.
- Communicate the impact of feature or schedule changes to teams that are potentially affected.
- Communicate how product-level goals fit into, and are influenced by, larger divisional goals, and how the team's work impacts the success or failure of the division.
- Identify and document the requirements for an area or product.
- 3+ years of experience on multiple technical projects
- Cloud based application PM experience focused on clients or services.
- Able to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion.
- Able to drive the definition of project scope, develop detailed project plans, and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational, and business requirements.
- strong understanding of development methodologies including waterfall and agile (including Lean or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)).
- Experience collaborating with design and engineering to write features for implementation.
- Able to clearly, concisely, and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to project stakeholders.
- Able to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team.
- strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.