This individual will contribute to the graphic design and user experience for digital deliverables at the client including improvement work and discrete projects with the client's primary, affiliate, and magazine websites. Tasks may also include the design of Microsoft office templates, email newsletters, and design systems as assigned.
location: Roxbury Crossing, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Web design work will involve close collaboration with the Senior Digital Designer, web and application developers, and will require skills in designing high fidelity mockups as well as contributing by reading and writing CSS and HTML to help execute design solutions.
This position requires an individual who works well independently and as part of a team, is highly creative and deadline focused, and is able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with high quality results.
Candidates with additional experience in content strategy and marketing are preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD)
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), with experience in creating templates
- Ability to design digital assets from wireframes to high fidelity mockups
- Intermediate to advanced capability in front-end coding (CSS/HTML)
- Experience with sites on the WordPress content management system
- Mastery of basic design principals such as typography, composition, scale, etc.
- Interactive design, human centered design, and UX practices
- Working within brand and design system constraints
- Brainstorming with clients and teammates to develop solutions
skills: Experience in the following are a plus:
- Design for email marketing platforms (such as Emma, Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor)
- Accessible web design (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Experience working iteratively with web developers and other designers in an Agile workflow.
Please include a portfolio with submission
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.