The Help Desk Representative 1 provides support for tier 1 incident resolution, change requests and how-to requests reported to the IT Employee Helpdesk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of tier 1 incidents and requests regarding the use of application software, hardware and/or infrastructure components. The Help Desk Representative 1 is responsible for collecting support information through phone, instant message and email conversations with employees, accessing support tools, and escalation to second tier support staff as required.
location: Westfield Center, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTS/EDU (in order of importance)
- Provides support for tier 1 incident resolution, change requests and how-to requests reported to the IT Employee Helpdesk.
- Provides initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution for all hardware and software, computer and communications systems questions and problems for employees.
- Provides resolution, recommends corrective action for recurring problems, and/or escalates issue to appropriate tier-2 support personnel.
- Accurately documents calls in ticketing system including, but not limited to, correspondences with the customer, problem analysis, troubleshooting performed and resolution; and ensures proper closure of all issues.
- Monitors queues to ensure requests are properly transferred and received by the appropriate tier-2 groups.
- Assists with revising/documenting appropriate standards, process improvements, policies and procedures.
- Focuses on continuous enhancement of customer service experience and increasing first call resolution.
- Acts as a liaison between end-users and technical staff to communicate issues, problems, and questions.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots issues as reported.
- Ensures telephone and email response coverage during normal help desk hours of operation.
- May work on small to medium complexity assignments and actively participates in special projects, as assigned.
- Executes and oversees the New Hire process coordinating with IT teams and leaders to implement a new employee/consultant setup.
- 1+ year's of experience in an IT call center or related call center environment and/or completed IT related coursework (towards a 2 or 4 year degree), certifications, or internship(s).
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products gained through previous experiences. 3. Working knowledge of desktop & laptop configurations, hardware components, and basic networking concepts.
- strong customer service skills.
- strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication with the ability to interact with all levels of the company.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment while prioritizing and completing work effectively. 7. Experience learning and applying technical concepts.
- Experience problem solving independently and/or in a team environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours.
- High school diploma, GED, or commensurate experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible work hours (including company holidays).
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.