Sr. Project Manager
job summary: Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. Project Manager to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Oakland, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Contract
salary: $51.73 - 58.19 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Working with program management and business and technical leads, manage all pre-planning events leading up to the Program Increment Planning meetings, held quarterly, that establish the content for the next three months of development and process definition. A key aspect of this work is identifying readiness during the lead-up to PI Planning and escalating issues which may not allow PI Planning to be executed effectively.
- Content identification: schedule Product Management team, Architecture team and Business Leads to identify candidate Epics for the upcoming Program Increment.
- Business representation: work with Business Leads to confirm attendee list for prioritization meetings as well as PI Planning event; maintain this list (in Excel) and track adds and removals over time
- Prioritization: schedule and support meetings to decide which Features are included in the upcoming Program Increment; document meeting decisions and findings and update Jira and supporting documents
- Technical Team design and estimation: schedule and support working sessions for Product Management and Development teams to create detailed breakdown of PI content into user stories and create capacity model for the upcoming PI
- PI Planning event preparation: handle logistics for in-person or virtual meetings including setting up Mural boards, MS Teams meeting rooms, online document repositories, etc.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects with a large technology component.
- Experience with managing large stakeholder lists (100+ people) and organizing large in-person or virtual events.
- Experience managing in an agile environment is desirable. Knowledge of the SAFe methodology is directly applicable to this work.
- Experience with Jira is desired.
- Experience with Mural, Miro or similar virtual meeting facilitation software is desired.
- PI Planning execution: support the 3-day PI Planning event with time-keeping, communications, issue resolution, and other support activities. Document outputs from the event, including Risks, Issues, Decisions needed, lessons learned, and other key findings.
- PI Planning follow-up: support after-event activities such as loading Jira with user stories and features, updating RAID log, and preparing an after-event summary document.
- Process improvement and documentation: the company has committed to conducting PI Planning events quarterly for the foreseeable future. The SAFe methodology emphasizes continuous improvement in all areas. The Senior Project Manager in this role would be expected to thoroughly document the PI Planning process and to look for areas to improve the process after each event is completed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.