Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Backend Developer for a full time role in downtown Portland Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Outdoor and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Role
We're seeking a talented backend developer with a Ruby background to join our team as we solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space. In this role, you'll be working to evolve and maintain our API, data processing pipelines, and other backend systems. We're looking for people who:
- Are great communicators - Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently - You'll be working on a team of 2-3 developers. We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge - Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Work closely with our web and mobile developers on the implementation of new product features
- Collaborate on API design and architecture decisions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot backend issues in production
- Maintain integrations with external services, such as Stripe, Iterable, Mapbox, and our campground partners
- Update and maintain existing API functionality
- 3+ years of backend development experience on production apps
- A strong knowledge of Ruby and familiarity with Rails
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Relational database skills - we use PostgreSQL views, triggers, and functions
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of JSON-API
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and cloud infrastructure management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- API development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.