Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Frontend Developer for a role in downtown Portland, Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Outdoor and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
As a senior engineer, you will be tasked with building a robust, maintainable web experience for the 1M+ users on our website every month. We are in the process of splitting our Ember single-page app into multiple codebases in order to improve site performance. This position is an opportunity for engineers looking to grow their architecture skills as we undertake this transition.
Work varies from building highly interactive tools, to focusing on static rendering and page performance. In this position we will be looking to you for experience, knowledge, and the confidence to make the case for what each situation merits in order to provide an ideal experience for site visitors.
You'll be working on a team with 3-4 other frontend developers and collaborating closely with our API, Mobile, and Design teams. Essential Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Leading execution on new features and improvement projects
- Helping define the longer-term technical vision for scaling and maintaining our frontend codebase
- Translating comps and wireframes from our Design team into site architecture and components
- Estimating complexity and dividing up tasks when new projects are brought to the team
- Responding to support requests and troubleshooting live bugs
- Assisting with deploys to production
We're looking for engineers who:
- Care about writing easy to understand, maintainable code
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests and are enthusiastic about mentoring junior developers on the team
- Can identify site performance concerns and look for opportunities to reduce technical debt
- Have strong writing and communication skills for documenting project requirements and coordinating with other teams
- Can weigh multiple solutions for a problem against business needs and time constraints in order to meet company goals
- Are committed to equity and will respect and value your coworkers opinions no matter their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.