We are looking for a amazing Systems Administrator III.
- Experience in LIMS application management, LIMS implementation experience and laboratory testing experience preferred
- Experience with CLIA, ELAP, FDA, or CDC preferred
- Proven knowledge in system testing, validation, problem resolution, and training
- Background in laboratory computing environment including instrument and system interfaces and familiarity with laboratory procedures
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop, modify and maintain forms/interfaces for data entry into LIMS.
- Create specific Crystal reports, develop or enhance workflows, create new tests, triggers, write and run queries to extract data including writing SQL scripts in STARLIMS.
- Work closely with laboratory personnel, vendors and other IT professionals to understand the needs of the laboratory staff and clients, configure and maintain LIMS in a manner that addresses those needs and maximizes the system's potential.
- Analyze data trending generated by LIMS for process improvement, general quality control and quality improvement processes.
- Provide recommendations for the most efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Evaluate the existing information processing systems or manual workflows to determine effectiveness and recommend changes to improve production or workflows as required.
- Assist with UAT during implementation of software application systems.
- Identify, implement, and document appropriate solutions for problems and issues with the LIMS during daily operations that can improve the laboratory information management process.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Systems Analysis
- Network Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.