The Senior Database Administrator manages and maintains all production and non-production cloud (Azure) databases, data-lakes and data warehouses. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. The Senior Database Administrator work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
location: Louisville, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $41 - 51 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Senior Database Administrator performs backup and recovery on Cloud (Azure) Database Management Systems, configures database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models, defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements. This position optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost. Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Mentor and develop junior levels of engineers. Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or above in a technical field (Computer Science preferred).
- 5 or more years of technical experience.
- 2 or more years of project leadership experience.
- Experience integrating new technologies with existing technologies.
- Experience implementing technologies with enterprise-wide impact.
- Azure Cloud experience preferred (SQL Server on VM/Managed DBs/Azure SQL).
- Experience with ETL (SSIS or Azure Data Factory) processes.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Azure Certified Data Engineer (or willing to achieve this within 12 months of hire date).
- Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SQL Server
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.