job summary: Job Description:
The Customs Compliance Specialist will be part of a Global Onsite Team (located at customer's premise) supporting one of Expeditors high-tech customers. The Customs Compliance Specialist is a key member of the import/export compliance team which facilitates the efficient and timely movement of goods worldwide. The dynamic nature of this team requires individuals who can think quickly, act independently, and proactively solve problems before they arise. Strong customer service skills and effective communication are required.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university
- 3-5 years related experience in import or export operations preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a supervisory role with direct reports preferred
- Knowledge of international air, and ocean transport logistics processes.
- Good knowledge of incoterms and impacts to supply chain and logistics.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven ability to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills
- Motivated, innovative self starter
- US Customs Brokerage License preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel, email and various PC based software
- Evaluate regulatory requirements related to industry and company interests
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 32 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages customs compliance requests via customer's proprietary ticketing system.
- Ensure import/export tickets are resolved quickly to prevent disruptions in supply chain.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions and customs compliance related impacts to supply chain within parameters outlined.
- Ensure 100% adherence to laws, regulations, and corporate policy. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Standard Work Instructions (SWI), external government regulations and customer policies / requirements.
- Review and approve shipping documents and commercial invoices.
- Responsible for daily tracking of operational metrics.
- Quickly escalate issues and resolve complex problems.
- Effective collaboration and solid communication with internal and external parties.
- Keep management up-to-date with projects and work orders.
- Continuous process improvement mindset: identify gaps in current processes and procedures. Provide recommendations to improve operational processes.
- "Delight the Customer." Responds to customer's requests in a timely and professional manner. Always go above and beyond to exceed customer's expectations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- customs compliance (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.