Our client is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join their growing organization in Bethesda, MD.
This dynamic position supports their hosting infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have solid experience supporting 24x7x365 SaaS systems in AWS. This position interacts cross functionally to meet client needs.
location: BETHESDA, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Deploy & manage cloud servers and applications supporting the Software as a Service functions
- Design and enhance cloud offerings through proof of concepts and testing new products and services.
- Participate in daily SCRUM product/project meetings.
- Participate in the Cloud Ops on call scheduled supporting a 24x7x365 operation.
- Responsible for management and monitoring of cloud based environments for both systems and applications.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with client, end-users and department managers.
- Commitment to quality, reliability, up time, customer satisfaction and data security
- First-line incident management and communications, including follow-up with problem resolution post-mortem, and process improvement
- Proactive approach to observe and recommend on-going environment improvements by learning various systems and methodologies, so as to ensure performance, up-time, and avoiding potential pitfalls over time.
- Perform standard configuration, management, and maintenance tasks for related file systems, input/output systems, networking, clustering, storage, and applications.
- Test disaster recovery and backup/restore operations of systems and data to ensure system recovery from error or outage.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve software and integration problems on all systems.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles in a collaborative environment.
- Monitor, test, and tune system performance; preserve and provide system log files as needed.
- Recommend and execute modifications to systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Remain informed on laws, trends, and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices; advise, counsel, and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance.
- Ensure systems comply with policies, standards, licensing agreements, configuration guidelines, and best-practices for maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Ensure secure user access and role validation processes.
- Perform server/database transaction and security audits leading to identification and mitigation of security threats to enterprise data. Recommend and implement changes where necessary.
- Create required reports in response to business user needs.
- Develop, document, and maintain Unix system training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.