The Senior IT Business Analyst plays a critical role in understanding and assessing the impact of business changes and technical needs; analyzing and capturing technical requirements; communicating requirements to relevant stakeholders; and monitoring the technical build of the solution to ensure it meets the requirements.
Senior IT Business Analysts must have a solid understanding of the client's existing business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short - and long - term direction of the business and related technologies. They must have a working knowledge of the business area that they support and should be equally aligned with technical capabilities in the IT department. Through adaptable communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business language, they work collaboratively, negotiating technical and non-technical requirements across multiple groups. Leadership, relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills are also required.
The Senior IT Business Analyst is the liaison between the operations and the IT organization. They collect, analyze, develop, document, communicate business requirements, and support and participate in user testing to achieve technical and business goals. They will interact directly with clients, key stakeholders and work with IT development and technical teams to ensure proposed processes and IT systems meet desired needs. They will support one or more moderately to highly complex business processes and serve as a team member, and as a technical lead. A significant requirement for this position is hands on experience in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Healthcare industry.
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Act as senior level IT business analyst for highly visible technical program implementations or program design enhancements.
- Manage the day-to- day workload of one to three business analysts.
- Document and maintain business and functional requirements, and technical requirements to ensure consistency.
- Provide consultative assistance to business users, stakeholders and technical teams looking to streamline processes by analyzing and determining problem / opportunity / solution resolution.
- Elicit requirements from end users and technical teams to solve a technical and business problem and identify the desired results.
- Anticipate, quantify and resolve problems and issues with technical and business requirements.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders using data process models to clarify and validate technical and business requirements.
- Oversee technical implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance and ensure all technical and business requirements and their integrity are maintained.
- Address issues and questions related to intended functionality of the IT system, as well as support the business in implementing the required changes to make effective use of the new system.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Perform all responsibilities within the business guidelines and IT policies and directives at or above our client's performance and evaluation standards.
- Utilize time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities to handle multiple and parallel projects, deliverables while working both independently and collaboratively within business and technical teams.
- Maintain user confidence and protect technical and business operations by keeping information confidential.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis
- Agile Methodology
- Requirement Analyst
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.