The Senior Project Manager (PM) role within the Project Management Office (PMO) plays a critical role in ensuring effective delivery of both internal and external/client projects. The Senior PM is responsible for establishing and leading, cross-functional, strategic initiatives from inception to completion. The Senior PM leads a variety of technical projects including launching new products and services for clients, large-scale IT initiatives, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given initiative.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) phases of a project.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Represents the project and the PMO in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Chairs weekly core project team and periodic stakeholder meetings to review progress with key constituents.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts.
- Ensures project adheres to corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Publishes regular project status reports.
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments to improve project delivery and the PMO department.
- Travel may be required for project-related client meetings and training (post COVID-19).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- IT Project Manager
- Project Management
- Agile Methodology
- Scrum Master
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.