job summary: Position Description
Please include a link to candidate's portfolio on the resume along with the answer to the prescreening question. Project Overview:
- At Google Health, we're poised to transform medicine, delivering new, assistive technologies that will empower doctors and patients so that people can live more life every day.
- The success of Google Health's AI hinges on creating high-quality ground truth data for our ML models across different medical specialties, such as radiology, ophthalmology, and pathology.
- To power these efforts, our team is developing a system that includes tools for viewing and labeling medical images, storage solutions for sensitive medical image data, and collaboration, analytics, and task management tools for clinicians, medical researchers, and managers.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
We are looking for a designer who can help us grow a consistent, effective set of tools to support training Machine Learning (ML) models in this area, as well as the eventual tools that will be surfaced to clinical experts. You'll be working with a dedicated UXD and UXR to tackle complex design solutions that will be adopted by product teams across the org. You'll collaborate directly with enthusiastic engineers who care deeply about their users and the impact of their tools. You will also have an opportunity to see your solutions tested internally with real clinical professionals.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently. Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work with product managers, engineers, and other UX'ers to clarify, refine, and document design goals and user needs
- Create and iterate on design concepts, and support the team in implementing and evaluating designs with users
- Work with the UX team to establish and incorporate patterns, best practices, and common styles
BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-5 years of experience is preferred for this position.
- Experience owning designs for a product through to deployment; post-deployment iteration.
- Must be comfortable working with ambiguity and early-stage product concepts.
- Organized and able to manage work independently. Highly skilled in communicating complex workflows and detailed UI.
- Comfortable presenting designs to a wide range of audiences .
- Curious, open-minded, and passionate about improving healthcare at scale
- Experience with data visualization and complex systems a plus.
- Experience with the healthcare field a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.