One of our Austin clients is seeking a Solution Architect of Application Development
to design and organize development efforts in a highly secure and heavy transaction-based Java/Linux environment. The Solution Architect translates requirements created by functional analysts by describing it through architecture and design artifacts. The Solution Architect will remain involved throughout the balance of the project.
The Solution Architect will assist agile delivery teams developing proprietary software and technology to support our internal stakeholders and external partners. Skills/Education/Experience:
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of J2EE development experience for proprietary technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- strong Java skills and object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries and design patterns.
- Significant development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience integrating with databases (preferably Oracle) and middle-tier application server architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
- Experience with Toplink or Hibernate is a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies desired.
- Preferred experience with JBoss, Weblogic, JMX, rule engine, and SOA.
- Prefer working experience with 3rd party integrations.
- Working knowledge of current software security technologies (encryption, authentication, etc.), and their incorporation into software systems; experience with Atalla is a plus.
- Prefer experience in card processing and high-transaction processing environment.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create detailed design documentation based on functional requirements and established patterns.
- Ensuring that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture
- Ability to create consensus and understanding around the architecture
- Adhere to current documentation standards and produce necessary documentation for training and compliance.
- Provides high-level initiative design reflecting strategic technical decisions
- Documents initiative design approaches in coordination with Technical Leads
- Validates designs with enterprise architects, stakeholders and other solution architects
- Coordinates with program teams to ensure that each part of the design is appropriately modeled and agreed upon
- Adjusts design based changes in requirements and technical leads
- Responsible for creating E2E test design for an initiative
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- J2EE CONSULTANT (10 years of experience is required)
- Unix (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.