Our client is seeking an experienced Database Analyst in Peoria, Illinois. Qualified candidates will have at least 3+ years of professional experience. Additionally, candidates should have experience with MySQL and Microsoft SQL server. At no time can the client offer sponsorship for this opportunity.
location: Peoria, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 32 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company database[s]. Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Well versed with MS SQL. Ability to write and understand complex SQL query.
- Imports data from a variety of sources and media and converts received data into usable formats that can be used with variable print software to produce customize print pieces.
- Writes codes for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
- Creates new or transformed data and identifies data relationships through various processes and algorithms.
- Creates and maintain business logic for multiple data sets including direct mail address processing and standardization: merge / purge, ACE and grouping multiple addresses into a single household and so forth
- Works with DBAs to design, correct and/or modify database schemas including creating tables and defining proper indexes and primary keys based on their entities, relations (normalization), expected volume and distribution of data.
- Collects specifications from project managers, sales staff, business analysts and account executives that support the overall customer program.
- Develops production schedules for use by production personnel.
- Develops applications that provide information to internal departments.
- Develops queries, retrieves, manipulates and displays data from relational databases for the purpose of ad hoc reporting as requested by clients, account executives and other associated staff.
- Ability to maintain/write C# / .NET applications is a plus.
- Follow test scripts to test programs and processes to ensure they work properly and meet client requirements. Correct any problems encountered during testing.
- Provide technical documentation of applications including flow charts, specifications and end user documentation.
- Knowledge of any data platform especially Talend is a preferred
- Perform code reviews and ability to identify performance issues with SQL query and stored procedure.
- Conceptual or working knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus and API
- Attention to details and ability to query and validate quality for large amount of complex data.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.