Purpose of Position: Quality Assurance Engineer- EMS/NMS will be a part of the Corning Wireless QA team and will primarily be responsible for testing the Corning Wireless Small Cell E-RAN (Radio Access Network) product line, specifically the Virtualized Network Management System which is designed to manage 4G and 5G based solutions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field (BSEE, BSCS, BS Telecommunications) from a four-year college/university with 3+ years of work experience, or Master's degree (MSEE, MSCS, or related field) with 2+ years of experience.
Must have requirements:
- Fundamental understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies: RedHat OpenShift, Docker, container orchestration and configuration management with Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of testing container-based software applications.
- Experience with IP networking and routing (DHCP, IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, and so on).
- Experience in testing EMS/NMS systems, SNMP, FCAPS.
- Must understand high availability and redundancy systems.
- Experience in testing RESTful APIs.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Understanding Continuous Integration process and test management tools such as Jenkins, Jira and Testrail.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with technical subject matter experts.
- Basic understanding with programming languages such as Python.
Good to have requirements:
- Experience on RESTful API automation using Python.
- Understanding 5G Telco cloud, ETSI MANO specifications.
- Understanding TOSCA CSAR, Helm Umbrella Charts.
- Experience with wireless technology (5G, LTE, or WiFi protocol; including Small Cells and 3GPP).
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries from engineers or members of the business community via verbal and written means. Ability to write reports, and method of procedure documentation. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers, and customers.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and to deal with concurrent abstract and concrete variables.
location: Milpitas, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 49.16 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops functional and non-functional test cases for virtualized/containerized Network/Element Management systems
- Understands product requirements and converts them into detail test cases
- Develops and maintains test beds by understanding and leveraging Containers based on Kubernetes using RedHat OpenShift Container Platform
- Works closely with team members to prepare test cases, executes to validate vEMS functionality and raises software defects
- Reproduces customer defects and debugs to identify root causes
- Participates and conducts Test case design reviews, bug scrubs with product and engineering teams
- Works with Development teams to run and automate container-based deployment pipelines and CI Systems
- Collaborates with remote offsite teams for software features testing and deliverables
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.