Our client, a global fortune 100 company, is in need of a Project Manager who will be managing functional areas in meeting key initiatives such as new/current business solutions and proposals and projects that enhance the business. Functions will include requirement reviews, solution recommendations, proposal writing and project plan management. The work will be accomplished through initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing business initiatives as outline in the scope, timeline and budget of the project. Experience working in Supply Chain or Warehousing preferred.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
Project Manage initiatives that pertain to the livelihood and advancement of the business including but not limited to; initiating, planning, executing, monitor & control and closing projects. Each phase of the project will include weekly progress reviews, requirements gathering for scope description, functional area working sessions on solution, project plan completion and management, costing and price management plus executive communication. The Project Manager is responsible for a quality proposal which includes solution understanding, solution and/or capabilities writing, plus attention to detail to ensure the solution supports the requirements. Support and assist the facilities, IT and key functional business groups with managing key deliverables ensuring a successful and quality project.
- Project Manage complex client and warehouse projects, programs, and teams working closely with Technology and Operations' teams, and cross-functionally with other key client functions.
- Lead and coordinate project planning activities, and develop detailed plans and schedules, with a keen focus on process. Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external teams (customers, partners, etc.). Escalate issues appropriately when necessary. Identify execution risks and work to eliminate, manage or mitigate those risks. Lead regular reviews with key stakeholders. Ability to contribute to the growth and maturity of our Project Management organization.
- Enhance business procedures by working with functional area resources to outline new or refined business procedures for the better of the business. Actions would include testing new procedures, thoughtful recommendations of process improvements or enhancements, documentation of policies and procedures and training the business.
- Perform a meaningful role in the long-term planning of business initiatives aimed at ensuring efficiency and longevity
- Collaboration and thoughtful input as to new business initiatives with inputs to potential issues or advantages. An ever expanding knowledge of the business unit and its goals in order to make thoughtful recommendations for further enhancing programs, tools and functionality.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Project Manager
- Great communicator
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.